I’ve been promising my everyday makeup routine using only 5 products for a few weeks now, so I’m excited to finally share it! I tend to keep things simple and natural for my everyday look. Sometimes I don’t use concealer under my eyes, or I’ll just use lip gloss instead of liner and gloss, so the number can vary, but it’s usually between 5-7 products. Here are the deets:
- Concealer: After moisturizing I typically put concealer under my eyes to cover up dark circles. I use “smashbox high definition concealer” in the ‘light’ color (the one in the photo is just an older version). I put a few dabs on the dark circles under my eyes and blend it in with my finger or concealer brush.
- Foundation: Next step is applying a liquid or powder foundation depending on how much coverage I want. If I want more coverage I’ll use liquid, if I want medium coverage I’ll use powder. For the powder I use “Adaptive Press Powder Foundation” from the brand Omiana in the color ‘honey’. For liquid foundation, I use Omiana “Intense Coverage Matte Liquid Foundation” in the color ‘Roasted Sesame’.
- Brows: Next is doing my brows. I like to use Tarte Cosmetics ‘Arch Architect’ brown pencil and gel brush. I fill in my browns with the pencil then lightly brush them up with the gel side of the wand to make them look a bit more full.
- Eyeliner: After my brows, I line my eyes with a bronze colored eyeliner. My favorite is “Julep” in the color “Bronze Shimmer”. I ran out of it recently, so I’m using one I had in the meantime until I get around to ordering a new one. I then rub the eyeliner with my finger so that it “softens” the liner and doesn’t look like a straight line. It looks a bit like a simple smokey eye. Because I have light green colored eyes, I make sure that when I “line” under my lashes on the bottom, it’s really just a light swipe. Barely even there, otherwise I’ll look like a raccoon.
- Mascara: Next step is applying mascara to my top and bottom lashes. My absolute favorite right now is Tarte Cosmetics “Lights, Camera, Lashes”.
- Lips: Last step is lining my lips and applying a little gloss. My favorite liner is the Plush Rush Lip Liner from Butter London in the color “Sweet Something”. After lining my lips and filling them in with the liner, I’ll either put chapstick on top or my favorite gloss, which is currently Urban Decay Cosmetics Hi-Fi Shine in the color “Fuel”.
Bonus Tip for a Bronzed Glow: This is more in the skincare department instead of makeup, but before putting on any makeup, I’ve been using Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Oil and D-Bronzi Anti-Pollution Serum as my moisturizer and primer. It gives the most beautiful bronzed glow to my skin so that my makeup looks even better! I can’t get enough of this stuff. I hope they never stop making it! I simply put a few drops of the marula oil in the palm of my hand, then one pump of the D-Bronzi. Mix it together and apply to face. It’s not a self tanner, so it will wash off of your hand and also your face when you take your makeup off at night.
There you go! My simple everyday makeup routine. I linked all of the products below, minus the 2 foundations. It usually take 5-10 minutes and I’m done!