I thought it was about time to do a mini life update!
- I’ve had a lot of questions via Instagram on whether we miss New York and if we’re loving California. We’ve fully embraced the lifestyle here and are absolutely loving it. We spend so much time outside and in nature, it’s been amazing. New York will always hold such a special place in my heart though. It’s where we met, fell in love, got married, and have so many memories with people we love. All of that to say, the transition to living here hasn’t really felt like much of a transition, every step of the process has happened seamlessly and we’re so happy here.
2. I bought a “tech station” that charges my phone, AirPods and Apple Watch all in the same spot without a crazy amount of cords/cables everywhere and it’s actually kinda life changing. I’m a big fan of things being organized, it’s the only way I can think straight throughout the day, so it’s nice to wake up to everything in it’s place, especially tech stuff since it can get messy. I’ll link below + you can click on the image to shop! [show_shopthepost_widget id=”3303922″]
3. I’ve had a few questions on Instagram about my workout routine. Let me know in the comments below if it’s a topic you’d want to see blog posts about. To keep it short for this post, I’ve been running, doing BBG HIIT workouts, and yoga 6 days a week – Monday run, Tuesday Yoga, Wednesday HIIT legs, Thursday run, Friday yoga, Saturday HIIT arms. I think it’s important to find out what you love, whether it’s long walks, kickboxing, spin class, or any of the above. Whatever it is that makes you happy or excited to do it. The mental health benefits far outweigh any other reason for me, but I also do love feeling strong and healthy.
4. These white high waisted jeans are everything I never knew I always wanted in a pair of white high waisted jeans. I’ve been wearing them so much. I love that they flare out at the bottom and actually come up high enough in the waist. They pair so well with sweaters, crop tops, basic T’s… pretty much everything. I usually have to cut or hem my denim so they aren’t too long, but these I just cuffed and love how they look.
5. For those who’ve asked, we decided to rent here until we figure out what neighborhood we want to be in/buy in, so we’re renting an apartment, and to be honest, it’s been so nice not having to keep up with the maintenance of a house! We’ve decluttered and gotten rid of so much. It’s been amazing. We’re working on finishing our little patio space with furniture, greenery, decor and lighting outside. We’re building a custom table to fit the space, we just hung fairy/string lights the other day, and I’ve been looking for hanging plants and other greenery/flowers to fill the space. I don’t have a great track record with keeping plants alive so I’m trying to find low maintenance plants ha. If it turns out how I’m visualizing it, I’ll share some pics!